Wednesday 9 January 2013

Update 12

Good morning,

Just a little update or news about my health we thought we would share with you.

On December 31st, a few days after my last round of chemo I began to have trouble breathing and had to be put on quite a lot of oxygen. After some X-rays were done its was determined that I had accumulated a substantial amount of fluid around my left lung causing it to collapse, thankfully in my right side the fluid around my lung had drained to the point where it was almost back to normal. Yesterday morning (Tuesday) at 8:00 I was shipped off for some more chest X-rays that my doctor ordered. The goal was to try and get to the bottom of why I had fluid around my lungs. What the X-rays showed is that on my right side the fluid is completely gone and on the left side there is still a little bit of fluid at the bottom and side around my lung but "significantly better" then before. So now the Doctor's plan of action is to clamp both chest tubes for the next 48 hours and deal with any symptoms as they come (shortness of breath, need for more oxygen...) and then send me for follow up X-rays on Thursday to see if the fluid has accumulated again and if it hasn't they might look at removing the chest tubes. In the words of the Doctor "it looks like the chemo might be doing its job". I am most likely to go for a CT scan later this week and that will show for if the chemo is doing its job.

Well this is great news to hear and we give thanks to our Heavenly Father that we also will not know anything for certain until the results of the CT scans are in and we pray that God will have blessed the work of the doctors and allowed the chemo to have its desired effect. When we first started this blog I wrote about God leading us down different paths in life and how those paths are not free from pain and suffering but yet how through it all He gives us the comfort of His word that He is always near us, that He can sympathize with us in every way because He has suffered in every way. That truly has been such a comfort for us, we live day by day in that knowledge and look forward to the next day knowing that we are in the palm of His eternal fatherly hand.

Rob and Felicia

3 comments:

  1. What encouraging news from the doctor! We continue to keep you both in our thoughts and prayers - our God is truly an awesome God, and as you wrote, one who knows exactly what our 'valleys' feel like. What a comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each evening before we go to bed we check 2 blogs. One which is yours and the other which is Marty's. We pray for you and Felicia, Marty and Erica and your families every day. Today we are very thankful that there is promising news. We are strengthened by your writing as well as Felicia's. It is good to read of your faith in our gracious God. It is comforting for all to see that you have both given yourselves over to "knowing that you are in the palm of your eternal father's hand." We pray that the Lord will continue healing and restore your health!! Much Strength in the days ahead!!

    Bill and Henrietta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I so hope and pray that the chemo treatments have the desired effect.Yes,I too check both blogs and continue to pray for a favourable outcome but yet we say..."the LORD"S will be done"Only HE knows what lies in store and what is best for all.I am THANKFUL that you continue to look to HIM alone.LOL

    ReplyDelete